Posts By: Tanveer 1:17 PM | Posted in ,

The last time we saw them together on screen, it was for Manoj Kumar's Santosh in 1989. Now Shatrughan Sinha and Hema Malini are back together on television show 'Dus Ka Dum' apparently on Shatru's insistence.

Salman Khan's very popular game show 'Dus Ka Dum' has bonus guests. In an additional episode that was shot on Sunday (August 30), Salman brought two of his favourite people Shatrughan Sinha and Hema Malini, both BJP workers, together for what turned out to be quite a show of strength.

And Shatru dressed in a long- flowing Sherwani was playfully asked by Salman if this was the Nehru code of dressing. The actor never short of retorts replied, "No nowadays it's known as the Jinnah code of dressing." This was an obvious reference to the BJP's current claim to controversy for expelling Jaswant Singh from the party for writing a book on Jinnah.

When asked about the incident, Shatrughan Sinha laughed, "Yes, this did happen. I did refer to my dress code on 'Dus Ka Dum' as the Jinnah style of dressing. Salman had been keen on inviting me and Hemaji together for a long time. We decided to go on the show as the grand finale."

Speaking out for the first time on the Jinnah controversy, Shatrughan Sinha says, "I've so far kept quiet. But now I'll say this much. How can a senior member of a party be expelled for writing a book which no one had written? And how can a politician not be allowed to have a personal ideology? I play so many roles. If tomorrow after watching me play a dacoit, some youth decides to rob a bank, does it mean I should give up acting?"

Reverting to 'Dus Ka Dum' Shatru says, "I was asked which is my favourite party. I said when I'm invited to Hemaji's house, I love the tea party that we have. When I'm invited to her other half Dharamji's home, I love the drinking party there. So it's all very flexible."

The Shatru-Hema episode of 'Dus Ka Dum' will be aired as the grand finale. "When it's me and Hema it cannot be anything less," is Shatru's parting shot.
��

Comments

0 responses to "Shatrughan Sinha and Hema Malini on Salman's Dus Ka Dum"

Previous Next Home
Blog Widget by LinkWithin